Saturday, January 31, 2009

Estonian Lullaby

As promised, featured today are the photos for my most recent FO!

Pattern: Estonian Lullaby Baby Blanket (Ravelry), by Evelyn Clark for Fiber Trends
Yarn: 2 skeins of Cascade Ecological (250g per skein!) in the "Latte" colorway. Used nearly every last drop of the wooly goodness.

Suddenly it has occurred to me that I've been unoriginal. I've been looking at my blanket photos and shivering at that odd feeling of Déjà vu, and now I realize why. I've probably used the Brooklyn Tweed preferred blanket yarn for, of all things, a blanket project. (see Hemlock Ring, and his Garter Stitch Blanket) I assure you this was completely unintentional. (I'm not saying my photos are as good, either. I don't think I can even come close to the utterly delectable, artistic renditions of his "Baby Bonnet stuffed with Comforter" series...) :)

All that remains is to move forward. So, with that I present The Photos:


Estonian Lullaby

Estonian Lullaby

I couldn't resist a little staging, with that crisp white teapot and unusual tray. They just went so perfectly, and this blanket really is the perfect size to keep the chill away in our relatively mild Oregon winters.

Estonian Lullaby

Trust me, it is as cushy as it looks.

Estonian Lullaby

Laid out flat, the pattern can easily be made out. Oddly, this project has taken on it's own look, distinct from the photo provided on the pattern page.

Estonian Lullaby

Forgive that fold line, there. I neglected to smooth it out after draping the blanket over our bed.

Estonian Lullaby



Lamby Ornament

Just for good measure, I had to throw in this little guy. Isn't he cute? I love the swirlies.

All things considered, I think the photos turned out pretty well. Given that it is winter in Oregon, daylight is in short supply. I found that the only place where I could get sufficient light was in our bedroom, with the shutters moved away from the windows. It turned out to be perfect lighting (although, I am not a photographer so I hardly know, right?).
Someday, I'd like to study photography but right now I am just too busy with my little ones. Perhaps in a year or two?

This blanket will find a home at my uncle's house, where I hope it can be of use to him. A little bit of rustic lace to cozy up the couch. It isn't for any holiday in particular, but he has always been supportive to me and my family and I thought it would be nice to give something in return.

My next post will be detailing the Chronicles of the Imperfect Sock. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

It's beautiful! And how could we not want to be influenced by Jared Flood? Wonderful.

Tammy said...

It is a beautiful blanket!