Thursday, January 8, 2009

The plans of... mice?

Okay, I may be in over my head. Nah! Despite teasings, I keep it no secret that someday I'm going to have a big enough yard for a fair sized garden, greenhouse, and a small flock of goats (3 or 4?).

Oh yes, and Chickens. I will have some gorgeous heirloom chickens. They will poop on my garden beds, nourishing the plants, and eat the pesky aphids that live through the Neem application. It will all be perfect. (Oops, was that last bit sarcasm?)

(And yes, I am fully aware of the documentation and requirements for having these animals in city limits, in my specific county)

So, in preparation, I search out and collect information to aid in my endeavor.

I found a great site and blog by Donna Druchunas (why does that name sound familiar?? Maybe one of my Greek relatives...) and her description and advice for growing Japanese Indigo. Obviously, I plan on part of my future garden being used to grow plants with which to dye yarn. Go ahead. Call me crazy. I'm doing it. I have plans.

1 comment:

PNWBookGirl said...

Donna's written a few books. Washington County has three of them in the system. I've checked out two of them. ;^) Maybe you've also seen the books?