Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Giddy.

Last night, Connor couldn't settle down until 1:45am. He was tossing and turning and flailing his arms, all the while half asleep. The excema on his shoulders looks better, but his sleep is so disturbed. Tonight, I'm going to grease him up a little more and hope that he can sleep a little more peaceful.
The shea butter I got from yarnsandmusings is working really well so far. I think last night was just a fluke, because he had been starting to sleep better.
I feel so bad for him... I know what it's like to have excema this bad and it's not fair that a baby should have to suffer like this. It breaks my heart.
Connor doesn't like it when he's "confined" while he's trying to fall asleep, so I just patted his little bum to help calm him. 
Last night I also came across some basic instructions for making an umbrella swift. I had seen plans for swifts that looked like a little windmill, but when I saw the ones for the umbrella swift I was SO excited! 
I'd also been looking at the swifts in stores and thinking to myself that constructing one would not be hard, but here are some instructions already tried and proven. Ready to go and how perfect is that?? 
As soon as my "allowance" gets in, I'm going to go out and buy supplies. I think I'm going to make three, then sell one for the cost of materials for all three. So there... Giddy!!

As for knitting, I've been working steady and making a fair amount of progress. I just need to keep myself off Ravelry and actually knitting!
Last week, I made a pair of Fetchings and a Calorimetry. They will be late Christmas presents for my sister, Rachel. They worked up real nice and I have a small amount of yarn left over. I think it's enough to make a cozy pair of baby socks. And even though I have had the Estonian Lace baby blanket on my Ravelry projects page for awhile, I only just started it the other day. I'm already about 7" in and it's knitting up beatifully.  have an inkling I might be just a little intolerant of wool, though. I notice that whenever I handle wool, my face gets a little itchy. It's not too bad though, and eventually doesn't bother me after prolonged handling.

Anyway, all this typing is taking time away from my knitting. ;) I have a sleeping baby in my lap, but he's never minded my knitting while holding him, and if this is what it takes for him to sleep in peace, then I don't mind at all. 

No comments: